Episode 40 is finally here, and we get back into the nitty gritty of turkey hunting! This week's guest is a stud of a turkey hunter and chases them all over the North Carolina mountains with the bow and scattergun. On the recomendation of our previous guest, Jordan Hotchkiss, joins us and shares his expertise chasing thunder chickens. This was a great podcast, and I hope to have him back on the show to discuss his great success with public land whitetails.
On this episode we discuss:
- Where turkeys roost in the mountains
- How to take the temperature of a bird
- How to judge how a bird is speaking to you, and react accordingly
- Jordan's biggest failure in the turkey woods
- What Jordan would share with his younger turkey hunting self
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram, as well as our closed listener group Chasing Tall Tales!
@chasing_tales_outdoors_podcast on Instagram